Monday, January 15, 2007

Cold shower is good for health

Do you know that cold shower helps to stimulate your blood circulation? With the improvement in blood circulation, it can also help when coping with depression. I am a living example. Recently I went into a depression and I found this dramatically improved my overall wellbeing.

Not only was I able to cope with the depression, I felt more energy and less prone to the viral flu and cold that is most vulnerable during these rainy season. I feel so good that I want to share about it. In the past, if you were to suggest a cold bath, I would put off that idea as I always take hot shower, and I mean really hot (almost scorching sort that fills the room with steam).

There is also study that shows taking cold shower is also good for your hair. And also the heat from the hot shower can spoil the hair strands too.

There was also a research done in 1990 at the Hannover Medical Scool where 50 medical students volunteered in a 6-months trial, where only half of the group takes cold morning shower. The results show that cold shower does have a significant resistance to cold as compared to the group that didn't take the cold shower.

In addition, cold shower that help boost sex hormone production, increase energy drive, improve blood circulation and immune system, prevent heart disease, improve nails and hair growth. I was also glad to find a yahoo group sharing about the benefits they found with cold shower.

2 comments:

mike morin said...

Hey lizzie- you want a health tip- seriously check out GOJI michaelmorin.freelife.com absoloutley amazing stuff. And it is natural!

Lizzie said...

Hi Mike! Thanks for sharing your website with me. I love these dried goji berries as toppings with oats too. I agree that it is really nutritious and it can also help improve blood circulation!! Just remember not take it with anti-coagulant drug (eg. Warfarin) as goji berries thin blood too... Cheers!